Friday, September 10, 2010

Here's How I See It

As we all know, I LOVE football. And since football season has officially started, thank God! I've decided to blog a bit about some hot topics.

1. Reggie Bush
Oh, I love me some Reggie Bush. He is a great player and great to look at. Unfortunately, my good looking football love has come into some trouble surrounding his senior season at USC. This makes me very sad. It's been all over the sports news for the past two weeks, that he was ineligible his last year at USC because he was "accused of accepting money and other benefits". Mind you this was in 2005, we are now in the year 2010. So 5 YEARS AGO, Reggie Bush supposedly did this. Hmm. That's interesting that it took the NCAA 5 years to figure this one out, I mean we're not living in the 1980's here people, word travels faster than that. According to "The Experts" that aired on Tuesday, one of the men said not to punish Bush, but to punish the NCAA for taking 5 years to figure this out. Look, if he did what they said yes, it was wrong and against the rules but hey, Bush kicked ass that year. Some say that if the Heisman is to be stripped from Bush, they would award it to Vince Young. I mean he did come in a very very distant second, but would you seriously accept an award by default? Especially, surrounding these circumstances? All in all, we know that Reggie did deserve the Heisman whether he was eligible or not. Shame on you NCAA for not keep a closer eye on your athletes.

2. Brett Favre
Will you PLEASE retire already? Now, don't get me wrong. He was a great player, in his prime and yes, they ALMOST made it to the Super Bowl last year. And he did come back to win this year. HA. Really, do you REALLY think you're going to win the Super Bowl this year? None the less even MAKE it there? If tonight's game against the Saints is any indication of how the rest of the season goes you can kiss your Super Bowl dreams good bye. I mean you already won a Super Bowl once and then went back the following year and almost won. Is that not enough for you big guy? I saw the pictures after the NFC Championship game last year, ouch. Are you going to let that happen again this year? I mean, 10 mil a year to stay retired was a pretty sweet deal if you ask me. Anyway, good luck with your Super Bowl hunt, it'll be going on for a long time.

3. Boise State/TCU
I gave a speech last night on why college football should have a play-off system. Two good reasons, Boise State and TCU. Now the reason you've seen these guys in BCS bowls is because they were ranked in the top 12 and their conferences are non-AQ conferences. What is a non-AQ conference you ask? These are conferences that DO NOT automatically qualify for a BCS bowl. Now, the automatic qualifying conferences are: the ACC, SEC, PAC-10, Big Ten, Big Twelve and Big East. BSU and TCU are not in these conferences, so they do not automatically qualify. What makes an automatically qualifying conference, but of course, strength of schedule. We all know the conferences listed above are pretty tough, between SC, Florida, Oklahoma, Alabama and those damn t-sippers that's some pretty stacked competition. However, just because the BSU and TCU don't have strong conferences and go undefeated doesn't mean they shouldn't get the chance to play for a national title. Look, if I was Hawaii or LA Tech (sorry meg) I'd want to be playing my best game against these teams. I mean, hello, just last Saturday Texas traveled to Houston to play Rice and (barely) beat them 34-17. Hm...who wanted to win that game more? Just because the teams in their conferences are unranked doesn't mean they should go into the game as an "easy win", ask Ole Miss or Kansas. Ok, the NCAA Men's basketball tournament (yes, I know they want to add more teams, that's completely pointless friends), they place the highest seeded team against the lowest seeded team and then go from there. How many have you seen those high seeded teams lose a heart breaker? Yeah, every March right? I mean I've seen some heartbreaking bowl games too (USC vs TX, Boise vs OK). But I mean what's wrong with a play-off here people? It would show who TRULY deserves to be National Champion. If you're ranked number one all season then I want to see you prove to ANY team whether they're ranked 3 or 64.

4. AJ Green
Ok, so he sold a used jersey for some money and got suspended for 4 games. Ouch, Georgia that's going to hurt. But! He's a college kid and they'll do ANYTHING for money. I mean, look can't he give the NCAA half of what he made and call it even? I know, I know I was just talking about them taking five years to figure out Reggie Bush's situation but come on, lighten up here people. It's not like he sold the jersey and bought drugs with it. I don't really think a 4 games suspension is necessary. Just give him a little slap on the wrist and have him return the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment