Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The SEC= The SUPER EXCITING CONFERENCE

As most of you know, I LOVE COLLEGE FOOTBALL. Yes, I said it in all caps. My Saturdays like to consist of football ALL day. I like to wake up and watch College Gameday then on to Ohio State which has been playing at 11am foooor a while (ok, maybe like 2 weeks). And then whoever comes on next at 230. Last week it was A&M vs Arkansas, though my beloved Ags lost, they didn't look THAT bad and they gave Ryan Mallet a run for his money.
Lately, my new obsession has been the SEC. Yeah, I like Alabama and Florida. But it seems like LSU has slowly been creeping into my teams to root for. After their ridiculous win against Tennessee last week in Baton Rouge, I could only hope for something as exciting against Florida. Now, I was really upset to hear about Bama, I mean a lot of us saw it coming we just wanted to see Alabama show the nation who was boss, but instead SC showed Alabama who was boss. Despite this terrible loss the Tide endured, I was still looking forward to the LSU/Florida game. My poor Big 12...I feel like I am cheating on you. It's like the battle for last place now. I mean watching Texas lose 2 games in a row is always exciting for me but now...ugh, it's just pitiful. It looks like Baylor and Oklahoma are the ones who are going to battle it out for the South and geez...Nebraska they haven't been this good since Eric Crouch and Jack Frost were there (yes, I know his real name is Scott, thanks). It's ridiculous...



So I've almost moved on to the SEC. I was watching the game as well as putting together a shard art table with my parents. My mom's new hobby that I've budded my head into...I mean look anyone in my fam can be better at me in cooking but not in art! So I was watching the game...it was ok, not as exciting as I thought. Then, it came. the last 30 seconds...I was having deja vu from last weekend...but oh, Les Miles...a fake field goal for a first down...who needs Boise State when you have every other team doing trick plays? (JK, I love Boise State). But this...oh, my. After a fade pass to the corner didn't work there were 11 seconds left...what to do, what to do. OH! the exact SAME play...who would have thought. Dear LSU, I did not like you after playing OSU in the National Championship game but...I have to admit after the last two weeks I'm starting to like you more and more. After the second attempt for the successful touchdown, the cameraman panned the Florida fans in "shock" of the :06 left on the clock. I was pretty sure Florida wasn't going to come back in this game. What a heartbreak at home.

All in all, the SEC have slowly been finding their way into my heart. I hope that they can stay nested in second place or it shall be, A&M and the SEC for the rest of the season on my TV. Call me what you want but being a fan of college football doesn't make me a bandwagon fan or a bad Texan.

No comments:

Post a Comment